Team spotlight – meet Nicolas Cruz
We’ve worked hard to recruit some of the most experienced global talent from the world of design, build, construction and project management. And each month, we put one of our colleagues in the spotlight so you can learn a little more about their role…
Next up, it’s assistant project manager, Nicolas Cruz.
1. Describe your role in one paragraph
It’s my job to act as the ‘middleman’ between our customer and the Agilité team throughout the project — from the preparation phase to the final handover once work is completed. The goal is to ensure all the client’s objectives are achieved, while co-ordinating with the various stakeholders – particularly if we encounter any unforeseen challenges
2. Which one word would colleagues use to describe you?
3. Why do you think Agilité stands out from competitors?
The diversity of the Agilité team is so refreshing. That, combined with each being familiar with both the French and wider European market, means we can adapt to the regulations and requirements of each location quickly, in order to deliver high-quality projects.
4. You have worked in some amazing places around the world. Which has been your favourite?
One of my most memorable experiences was completing the renovation of a school in Bali — working on a very small and rather remote island felt like paradise.
5. What’s your biggest career highlight to date?
As I am still in the early years of my career, I am convinced the best is yet to come!
6. The phone rings and it’s your dream client… who is it?
It is a tough decision, but I would say a prestigious automotive brand like Bugatti or Bentley.
7. What key piece of advice would you give to a client planning a fit-out project on a budget?
Ask a lot of questions and be clear in your objectives from the beginning. Teaming up with the right construction company would be an excellent start!
8. What’s the best feature you’ve ever helped a client achieve in their commercial space?
A facade extending over nine floors which was completely covered in tiles.
9. When you’re not at work, where are we most likely to find you?
Travelling — I love to discover different cultures, new food, and interesting landscapes — especially in a destination offering good surf spots with warm water and the perfect left, glassy wave!
10. What’s next for Agilité?
This year has presented many challenges for the industry. As we adapt to new requirements, we will strive to be recognised and trusted within the market and secure our reputation as reliable construction partners across Europe.